Skip to main content

Arsenal's Poor Form is Down to the Players not Wenger - Patrick Vieira Blasts Arsenal Players

Patrick Vieira, who is currently manager of New York City FC, understands the struggles his former boss is currently facing at the Emirates Stadium but refused to nail his colours to the mast when pressed about whether Wenger should remain in the North London hotseat. Patrick Vieira criticised the current Gunners squad for "not giving everything to the club" and making Arsene Wenger is an "easy target".

The former France international spoke in no uncertain terms about the Arsenal players, though, and has called on them to take responsibility and try to lift some of the pressure off Wenger, whose future remains far from certain.
"It's not just about Arsene," Vieira told YouTube channel Copa 90. "It's about coaching in general because now I'm on the other side I understand how difficult it is. You're controlling the players, what's happening on the field, the decisions you're making.

"But I think when players are out on the field they have to take responsibility. It's difficult to say 'Wenger In' or 'Wenger Out' because I don't have all the information to make a decision and it wouldn't be fair for me to make a decision.

"But it's important for players on the field to take responsibility because when you lose games players have to look at themselves. At Arsenal I don't think the players can say they have been giving everything for the club.

"The manager is always going to be the easy target. You have to look at what Arsene has done for the football club over the last 20 years – what the club was before and what it is now. Arsenal has changed, it's more than a club now."

Source: ibtimes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Juventus Manager Allegri Signs Contract Extension Untill 2020

Massimiliano Allegri has signed a new contract with Juventus, keeping him with the Serie A side until 2020, the Turin outfit have confirmed. The 49-year-old will remain at Juventus Stadium for another three seasons, having guided the Old Lady to a third successive domestic double. Allegri helped Juve win the Serie A and Copa Italia titles this season, and guided them to the Champions League final. Since taking over at Juventus Stadium in 2014, he has won the domestic double each season and has a 69 per cent winning rate. The former midfielder had been linked with a move to Arsenal before Arsene Wenger agreed a new two-year deal, but will now remain in Turin until the end of the 2019-20 season. In a statement, Juventus said: "Juventus is pleased to announce that Massimiliano Allegri has signed a contract renewal at the club until 2020. "Today's agreement extends a working relationship that has seen the Bianconeri consolidate their position as Italy's...

Barcelona Summer Signing Ousmane Dembele Suffers Fresh Injury Blow

Barcelona star Ousmane Dembele is set to be on the sidelines for around "three to four weeks" after suffering a fresh hamstring injury during the Catalan's 4-2 victory over Real Sociedad on Sunday. The 20-year-old winger moved to the Nou Camp from Borussia Dortmund during the summer transfer window in deal worth £93.4m  plus €40m in add-ons. The Frenchman spent more than three months on the sidelines as a result before returning to action during Barcelona's 1-1 draw with Celta Vigo in La Liga on 4 January.Earlier on September Dembele was indeed forced to undergo a surgery after rupturing the "tendon in his femoral bicep in his left thigh" during a clash with Getafe when he was only making his third appearance for the club. Dembele has since made three more appearances, playing 25 minutes during the win over Real Sociedad after replacing Paulinho in the second half. But the Frenchman will miss the upcoming games after Barcelona revealed that th...

Roma Midfielder Signs New Deal with Italian Club

Roma midfielder Radja Nainggolan has signed a new four-year contract with the Serie A club. The 29-year-old Belgium international had been linked with Manchester United in Italian media, while Chelsea were also reported to be interested. This was coupled by suggestions that Nainggolan was growing impatient with the numerous delays in receiving a contract proposal from the capital club. However, the 29-year-old has put any doubts about his future to bed by extending his contract until 2021, in a deal that will see him earn €4.5 million per season, including bonuses, according to La Gazzetta dello Sport. "I think I have demonstrated that this is what I always wanted," Nainggolan said. "I'm very happy that the club and I can continue our adventure and move forward together." Nainggolan has played 161 times for Roma since joining from Cagliari in 2014. Nainggolan becomes the third senior central midfielder to extend their contract at Roma th...