Skip to main content

"I Have Special Affection fo Morinho" - Willian Drops Major Hint that He's Moving to Manchester United

The Chelsea midfielder is reportedly one of Mourinho’s top targets for the upcoming transfer window, while the United manager missed out on bringing the Brazilian to Old Trafford last summer. Earlier this week, reports claimed that Chelsea are open to offers for the 28-year-old as the Premier League champions look to offload players in order to fund Antonio Conte’s transfer budget.

In an interview with ESPN Brasil, via Sport Witness, Willian was asked about the managers he has worked with during his career and took that as an opportunity to hail Mourinho.

‘I learned something from all of them. I learned a lot,’ he said.

‘When I went to Shakhtar with Lucescu. When I left Shakhtar, in a very short spell at Anzhi with Guus Hiddink, I learned a lot. And then here at Chelsea with Mourinho, a manager who helped me a lot, I learned a lot from him.

‘So with all of them I learned a lot. But we always have a special affection for somebody, and you feel that, that it is reciprocal of him. And we’re not even working together anymore, but we’ve become friends. And it’s Mourinho.

‘The coach who has helped me since my arrival at Chelsea. That backed me, that put me to play, that relied on my potential, that relied on my work.

‘So no doubt I have affection for all, but Mourinho was a guy that I have a special affection and helped me a lot.’

When asked if the public perception of Mourinho is unfair, Willian replied: ‘Actually, he’s a smart manager, I really enjoyed working with him.

‘Like every manager, when the team loses, or something happens, the team don’t do well, the manager ends up getting upset. But it’s part of the job.

‘He is a manager who talks to players, who is tactically very smart, knows how to lead the group well.

‘So I only have good things to say about him, this whole time I worked with him at Chelsea was very good. So he is a very good manager and person, and always tries to do the best for the team.’

Willian also acknowledged the link with United but reiterated that he is happy at Chelsea.

‘The rumours here in England are very big,’ said the midfielder.

‘Of course I’m happy when other managers show up interested in my football, I’m very happy about that, but today I’m a Chelsea player.

‘I have a contract until 2020 and I’m happy here at the club. Happy to live in London and my family is well adapted here, too.’

Source: Metro

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Juventus Manager Allegri Signs Contract Extension Untill 2020

Massimiliano Allegri has signed a new contract with Juventus, keeping him with the Serie A side until 2020, the Turin outfit have confirmed. The 49-year-old will remain at Juventus Stadium for another three seasons, having guided the Old Lady to a third successive domestic double. Allegri helped Juve win the Serie A and Copa Italia titles this season, and guided them to the Champions League final. Since taking over at Juventus Stadium in 2014, he has won the domestic double each season and has a 69 per cent winning rate. The former midfielder had been linked with a move to Arsenal before Arsene Wenger agreed a new two-year deal, but will now remain in Turin until the end of the 2019-20 season. In a statement, Juventus said: "Juventus is pleased to announce that Massimiliano Allegri has signed a contract renewal at the club until 2020. "Today's agreement extends a working relationship that has seen the Bianconeri consolidate their position as Italy's...

Barcelona Summer Signing Ousmane Dembele Suffers Fresh Injury Blow

Barcelona star Ousmane Dembele is set to be on the sidelines for around "three to four weeks" after suffering a fresh hamstring injury during the Catalan's 4-2 victory over Real Sociedad on Sunday. The 20-year-old winger moved to the Nou Camp from Borussia Dortmund during the summer transfer window in deal worth £93.4m  plus €40m in add-ons. The Frenchman spent more than three months on the sidelines as a result before returning to action during Barcelona's 1-1 draw with Celta Vigo in La Liga on 4 January.Earlier on September Dembele was indeed forced to undergo a surgery after rupturing the "tendon in his femoral bicep in his left thigh" during a clash with Getafe when he was only making his third appearance for the club. Dembele has since made three more appearances, playing 25 minutes during the win over Real Sociedad after replacing Paulinho in the second half. But the Frenchman will miss the upcoming games after Barcelona revealed that th...

Roma Midfielder Signs New Deal with Italian Club

Roma midfielder Radja Nainggolan has signed a new four-year contract with the Serie A club. The 29-year-old Belgium international had been linked with Manchester United in Italian media, while Chelsea were also reported to be interested. This was coupled by suggestions that Nainggolan was growing impatient with the numerous delays in receiving a contract proposal from the capital club. However, the 29-year-old has put any doubts about his future to bed by extending his contract until 2021, in a deal that will see him earn €4.5 million per season, including bonuses, according to La Gazzetta dello Sport. "I think I have demonstrated that this is what I always wanted," Nainggolan said. "I'm very happy that the club and I can continue our adventure and move forward together." Nainggolan has played 161 times for Roma since joining from Cagliari in 2014. Nainggolan becomes the third senior central midfielder to extend their contract at Roma th...