Skip to main content

Antonio Conte Confirms Eden Hazard to Start from the Bench in Tomorrow Champions League clash

Antonio Conte has confirmed Eden Hazard will start from the bench in Chelsea’s Champions League group match against Qarabag FK. The Belgian playmaker marked his return for the Blues in Saturday’s 2-1 win at Leicester City, coming on for the final 12 minutes at the King Power

Hazard suffered a serious ankle injury while on international duty earlier in the summer and Conte is unwilling to take any ‘stupid risks’ with his star man. When asked whether Hazard would start on Tuesday night, Conte said: ‘Eden is in the group, in the squad, he’s working very well to find the best physical condition.

‘But I think he needs a bit of time to continue to improve and to avoid taking stupid risks. He will be on the bench.

‘You know very well the importance of this player. Eden last season was amazing, top player and we’re looking forward to having him back in our team.’

Conte also suggested Hazard would be joined on the bench by club-record signing Alvaro Morata, who has already scored three goals for his new club.

‘Morata is playing very well, he’s scoring and totally involved in our style of football,’ Conte added.

‘But don’t forget Morata played the whole game with Spain and then Leicester, I have to check many situations and then make the best decision for tomorrow.

‘It’s normal when you have to play seven games in 21 games, it’s a necessity to rotate my players.’

England international Gary Cahill could be in line for a return after being suspended for Chelsea’s past three games.

‘I’m delighted to be back and available for selection,’ Cahill said ahead of Tuesday’s clash.

‘I feel like my season is just starting now. I’m itching to play and looking forward to getting back involved.

‘Any footballer will tell you it’s frustrating. All you can do is try to influence the lads. We’ve done very well and I’m happy to be back involved.’

Source: Chelseafc / Metro

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Juventus Manager Allegri Signs Contract Extension Untill 2020

Massimiliano Allegri has signed a new contract with Juventus, keeping him with the Serie A side until 2020, the Turin outfit have confirmed. The 49-year-old will remain at Juventus Stadium for another three seasons, having guided the Old Lady to a third successive domestic double. Allegri helped Juve win the Serie A and Copa Italia titles this season, and guided them to the Champions League final. Since taking over at Juventus Stadium in 2014, he has won the domestic double each season and has a 69 per cent winning rate. The former midfielder had been linked with a move to Arsenal before Arsene Wenger agreed a new two-year deal, but will now remain in Turin until the end of the 2019-20 season. In a statement, Juventus said: "Juventus is pleased to announce that Massimiliano Allegri has signed a contract renewal at the club until 2020. "Today's agreement extends a working relationship that has seen the Bianconeri consolidate their position as Italy's...

Barcelona Summer Signing Ousmane Dembele Suffers Fresh Injury Blow

Barcelona star Ousmane Dembele is set to be on the sidelines for around "three to four weeks" after suffering a fresh hamstring injury during the Catalan's 4-2 victory over Real Sociedad on Sunday. The 20-year-old winger moved to the Nou Camp from Borussia Dortmund during the summer transfer window in deal worth £93.4m  plus €40m in add-ons. The Frenchman spent more than three months on the sidelines as a result before returning to action during Barcelona's 1-1 draw with Celta Vigo in La Liga on 4 January.Earlier on September Dembele was indeed forced to undergo a surgery after rupturing the "tendon in his femoral bicep in his left thigh" during a clash with Getafe when he was only making his third appearance for the club. Dembele has since made three more appearances, playing 25 minutes during the win over Real Sociedad after replacing Paulinho in the second half. But the Frenchman will miss the upcoming games after Barcelona revealed that th...

Roma Midfielder Signs New Deal with Italian Club

Roma midfielder Radja Nainggolan has signed a new four-year contract with the Serie A club. The 29-year-old Belgium international had been linked with Manchester United in Italian media, while Chelsea were also reported to be interested. This was coupled by suggestions that Nainggolan was growing impatient with the numerous delays in receiving a contract proposal from the capital club. However, the 29-year-old has put any doubts about his future to bed by extending his contract until 2021, in a deal that will see him earn €4.5 million per season, including bonuses, according to La Gazzetta dello Sport. "I think I have demonstrated that this is what I always wanted," Nainggolan said. "I'm very happy that the club and I can continue our adventure and move forward together." Nainggolan has played 161 times for Roma since joining from Cagliari in 2014. Nainggolan becomes the third senior central midfielder to extend their contract at Roma th...