Skip to main content

Barcelona Rule Out Selling Neymar at any Price

Barcelona have ruled out selling Neymar in the summer amid reports linking the Brazilian forward with Manchester United. The Catalan club's technical secretary Robert Fernandez told RAC1 that there was no truth to reports that the 25-year-old could leave Camp Nou, saying he is "totally untransferable".

Neymar, 25, signed a new five-year contract at Barcelona last October, keeping him in the Catalan capital until 2021. His buyout clause has been fixed at £181m ($227m) for the first year, £200m for the second and £226m for the remaining three years.

The Brazil international said in an interview in March that he was an admirer of the Premier League and admitted that he would like to work with the likes of Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola and United manager Jose Mourinho.

"The Premier League is a championship that amazes me," he told the Sun.

"I like the playing style and the teams. And who knows, someday, I would like to play at it, yes.

"I admire Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool – these are the teams that are always there fighting.

"And then you have high-level coaches like Mourinho and Guardiola. These are coaches with whom any player would like to work."

Mourinho downplayed the possibility of United signing Neymar last month, saying reports linking the player with Old Trafford were "absurd".

"It's speculation. I always try to be objective and pragmatic with clubs and to ask them what they can give me," he told ESPN.

"A club like Barcelona cannot and will not lose Neymar. Although Lionel Messi is still a young player with years ahead of him, he's almost 30, and Neymar will be the great player of Barcelona post-Messi."

Fernandez also ruled out Barcelona making a summer move for Juventus forward Paulo Dybala, saying the club were content with their current attacking trio of Messi, Neymar and Luis Suarez.

"[Dybala] is a magnificent player, but we already have the best three [forwards] in the world," he said.

Credit: ibtimes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Juventus Manager Allegri Signs Contract Extension Untill 2020

Massimiliano Allegri has signed a new contract with Juventus, keeping him with the Serie A side until 2020, the Turin outfit have confirmed. The 49-year-old will remain at Juventus Stadium for another three seasons, having guided the Old Lady to a third successive domestic double. Allegri helped Juve win the Serie A and Copa Italia titles this season, and guided them to the Champions League final. Since taking over at Juventus Stadium in 2014, he has won the domestic double each season and has a 69 per cent winning rate. The former midfielder had been linked with a move to Arsenal before Arsene Wenger agreed a new two-year deal, but will now remain in Turin until the end of the 2019-20 season. In a statement, Juventus said: "Juventus is pleased to announce that Massimiliano Allegri has signed a contract renewal at the club until 2020. "Today's agreement extends a working relationship that has seen the Bianconeri consolidate their position as Italy's...

Barcelona Summer Signing Ousmane Dembele Suffers Fresh Injury Blow

Barcelona star Ousmane Dembele is set to be on the sidelines for around "three to four weeks" after suffering a fresh hamstring injury during the Catalan's 4-2 victory over Real Sociedad on Sunday. The 20-year-old winger moved to the Nou Camp from Borussia Dortmund during the summer transfer window in deal worth £93.4m  plus €40m in add-ons. The Frenchman spent more than three months on the sidelines as a result before returning to action during Barcelona's 1-1 draw with Celta Vigo in La Liga on 4 January.Earlier on September Dembele was indeed forced to undergo a surgery after rupturing the "tendon in his femoral bicep in his left thigh" during a clash with Getafe when he was only making his third appearance for the club. Dembele has since made three more appearances, playing 25 minutes during the win over Real Sociedad after replacing Paulinho in the second half. But the Frenchman will miss the upcoming games after Barcelona revealed that th...

Roma Midfielder Signs New Deal with Italian Club

Roma midfielder Radja Nainggolan has signed a new four-year contract with the Serie A club. The 29-year-old Belgium international had been linked with Manchester United in Italian media, while Chelsea were also reported to be interested. This was coupled by suggestions that Nainggolan was growing impatient with the numerous delays in receiving a contract proposal from the capital club. However, the 29-year-old has put any doubts about his future to bed by extending his contract until 2021, in a deal that will see him earn €4.5 million per season, including bonuses, according to La Gazzetta dello Sport. "I think I have demonstrated that this is what I always wanted," Nainggolan said. "I'm very happy that the club and I can continue our adventure and move forward together." Nainggolan has played 161 times for Roma since joining from Cagliari in 2014. Nainggolan becomes the third senior central midfielder to extend their contract at Roma th...