Skip to main content

Injury Boost for Madrid as Raphael Varane Set to Return against Deportivo la Coruña Match

Varane, 24, is yet to play a game since the win over Alaves on 2 April, being forced off in the 10th minute of the game. He had only just returned to action following a separate six-week spell on the sidelines. Zinedine Zidane has now suggested that Raphael Varane could return to action when Real Madridvisit Deportivo la Coruña on Wednesday night Meanwhile, the French boss has expressed his disapproval at the criticism he has received in the aftermath of the 3-2 defeat toBarcelona in El Clasico.

The France international has been training with the rest of his teammates since last week but was left out of the squad to face Barcelona as Zidane thought the game would come too early for him.

Real Madrid were hit by a further blow in El Clasico after Gareth Bale suffered a recurrence of another injury earlier in the game, which is expected to keep him out of action for around three weeks.

Zidane has been questioned over his decision to play Bale against Barcelona amid suggestions the Welshman was not fully fit.

However, Zidane has hit back at those critics and said that Bale's injury won't affect his decision to play Varane against Deportivo if he considers the centre-back to be fit.

"He's no longer in pain. He's training with us and he'll be with us tomorrow. He's good physically and has trained normally. You'll see the line-up tomorrow," Zidane said in the press conference ahead of the trip to Coruña. "There is no mismanagement. The management is very good. Tomorrow Varane will be fine and if a player gets injured, that's it, it's part of the game. We try to get the players right, but injuries are part of a player's life."

Nevertheless, Zidane may have no choice but to play Varane as Pepe remains on the sidelines and Sergio Ramos is suspended after being shown the red card in El Clasico for a two-footed tackle on Lionel Messi.

Credit: ibtimes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Roma Midfielder Signs New Deal with Italian Club

Roma midfielder Radja Nainggolan has signed a new four-year contract with the Serie A club. The 29-year-old Belgium international had been linked with Manchester United in Italian media, while Chelsea were also reported to be interested. This was coupled by suggestions that Nainggolan was growing impatient with the numerous delays in receiving a contract proposal from the capital club. However, the 29-year-old has put any doubts about his future to bed by extending his contract until 2021, in a deal that will see him earn €4.5 million per season, including bonuses, according to La Gazzetta dello Sport. "I think I have demonstrated that this is what I always wanted," Nainggolan said. "I'm very happy that the club and I can continue our adventure and move forward together." Nainggolan has played 161 times for Roma since joining from Cagliari in 2014. Nainggolan becomes the third senior central midfielder to extend their contract at Roma th...

Chelsea Winger Suffers 'Multiple Fractures', Says Chelsea Antonio Conte

Chelsea's Pedro has suffered multiple fractures from his collision with David Ospina in China, according to boss Antonio Conte. Ahead of the Blues' next pre-season clash with Bayern Munich in Singapore, Conte confirmed Pedro must wear a protective mask after 10 days of rehabilitation. Conte said: "The situation was more serious. I hoped it would be only concussion. He had multiple fractures but I think with a mask in 10 days he could come back to work with us." The Spaniard was clattered by Arsenal goalkeeper Ospina during their 3-0 win over Arsenal in Beijing on Saturday and was sent home to England with concussion the next day. The 29-year-old had left the field at Bird's Nest Stadium groggy and hobbling, with visible cuts to his face and head. Conte had initially been hopeful Pedro could join them in Singapore for the next leg of their tour but the forward said on Instagram: "What a shock. Fortunately everything is okay." Pedro ...

Alexis Sanchez is just what Manchester United Need, Says Fortmer Tottenham Manager

The signing of a proven world-class forward such as Alexis Sanchez is just what Manchester United need to compete for the biggest prizes, former Tottenham manager Gerry Francis has said. Sanchez, 29, joined United on a four-and-a-half-year contract from Arsenal on Monday, 22 January, with Henrikh Mkhitaryan moving in the opposite direction in a straight-swap deal. "Sanchez is a real goal-scorer, he's talented and he's aggressive around the box and he makes things happen, he can pull teams through," he told Sky Sports.Francis described the Chilean forward as a match-winner who will aid United in their quest to win silverware by adding some much-needed potency to their attack. "It's [about] the present, you're looking to win trophies and looking to win competitions and, sometimes, you need to buy and have the finished article and Sanchez is certainly that. "It just makes them as a squad that much stronger. Certainly, a much bigger goal-threat with Sa...