Skip to main content

Only Messi will be Better than Eden Hazard If He can be Selfish Says Cesc Fabregas

Only Lionel Messi comes above Chelsea teammate Eden Hazard with regards to ability, according to Cesc Fabregas. Hazard came off the bench after being rested to score the Blues' third goal in extra-time against Tottenham in their 4-2 FA Cup semi-final win at Wembley on Saturday. The Belgian then turned provider as he assisted Nemanja Matic to score a fourth and seal their place in the final in style.

Hazard, who also scored a brace in Chelsea's recent 2-1 league win over Manchester City, has now scored four goals in his last four games to bring his season's tally to 15 goals and six assists in 36 games in all competitions.

"Eden can be whatever he wants to be," he said, as quoted on Sky Sports. "Ability wise, there is only one player above him and we all know who he is: Messi."

While the 26-year-old undoubtedly has the talent, his highest goalscoring tally at current league leaders Chelsea is 19 goals in all competitions, which pales in comparison to the numbers that Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo notch up on a yearly basis.

The former Arsenal captain advised Hazard to be more selfish in front of the goal if he wants to get better.

"Sometimes when we have a counter-attack and it's two against two and he passes the ball, I tell him, 'You have the capability to score by yourself. Do it'," Fabregas explained. "He has to do it more often."

"I've told him many, many times, he needs to be selfish sometimes and have that killer instinct to score more goals. I hope - and I'm sure - he will improve in the future. And then he will be unstoppable."

Source / credit: ibtimes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Juventus Manager Allegri Signs Contract Extension Untill 2020

Massimiliano Allegri has signed a new contract with Juventus, keeping him with the Serie A side until 2020, the Turin outfit have confirmed. The 49-year-old will remain at Juventus Stadium for another three seasons, having guided the Old Lady to a third successive domestic double. Allegri helped Juve win the Serie A and Copa Italia titles this season, and guided them to the Champions League final. Since taking over at Juventus Stadium in 2014, he has won the domestic double each season and has a 69 per cent winning rate. The former midfielder had been linked with a move to Arsenal before Arsene Wenger agreed a new two-year deal, but will now remain in Turin until the end of the 2019-20 season. In a statement, Juventus said: "Juventus is pleased to announce that Massimiliano Allegri has signed a contract renewal at the club until 2020. "Today's agreement extends a working relationship that has seen the Bianconeri consolidate their position as Italy's...

Barcelona Summer Signing Ousmane Dembele Suffers Fresh Injury Blow

Barcelona star Ousmane Dembele is set to be on the sidelines for around "three to four weeks" after suffering a fresh hamstring injury during the Catalan's 4-2 victory over Real Sociedad on Sunday. The 20-year-old winger moved to the Nou Camp from Borussia Dortmund during the summer transfer window in deal worth £93.4m  plus €40m in add-ons. The Frenchman spent more than three months on the sidelines as a result before returning to action during Barcelona's 1-1 draw with Celta Vigo in La Liga on 4 January.Earlier on September Dembele was indeed forced to undergo a surgery after rupturing the "tendon in his femoral bicep in his left thigh" during a clash with Getafe when he was only making his third appearance for the club. Dembele has since made three more appearances, playing 25 minutes during the win over Real Sociedad after replacing Paulinho in the second half. But the Frenchman will miss the upcoming games after Barcelona revealed that th...

Roma Midfielder Signs New Deal with Italian Club

Roma midfielder Radja Nainggolan has signed a new four-year contract with the Serie A club. The 29-year-old Belgium international had been linked with Manchester United in Italian media, while Chelsea were also reported to be interested. This was coupled by suggestions that Nainggolan was growing impatient with the numerous delays in receiving a contract proposal from the capital club. However, the 29-year-old has put any doubts about his future to bed by extending his contract until 2021, in a deal that will see him earn €4.5 million per season, including bonuses, according to La Gazzetta dello Sport. "I think I have demonstrated that this is what I always wanted," Nainggolan said. "I'm very happy that the club and I can continue our adventure and move forward together." Nainggolan has played 161 times for Roma since joining from Cagliari in 2014. Nainggolan becomes the third senior central midfielder to extend their contract at Roma th...