Skip to main content

Bayern Munich Sign James Rodriguez from Real Madrid for on Two-year Loan Deal

James Rodriguez has joined Bayern Munich from Real Madrid on a two-year loan deal, the Bundesliga champions have announced. The Colombia international's future at the Bernabeu had been in doubt after he was left out of Real's squad for the Champions League final win over Juventus last month.

Manchester United had been linked with a move for the 25-year-old and his agent is also believed to have offered him to Chelsea, Liverpool, Paris Saint-Germain, Inter Milan and Juventus.

But Rodriguez, who joined Real in 2014 for around £71m from Monaco, has opted for a move to German champions Bayern to play under former boss Carlo Ancelotti, who brought him to the Spanish capital.

"We're delighted we've been able to complete this transfer," said Bayern chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge.

"Signing James Rodríguez was our coach Carlo Ancelotti's biggest wish, following their successful spell working together in Madrid.

"James is a very versatile player. He's a goalscorer himself, he sets up a lot of goals and on top of that he's great from set-pieces. There's no question that this transfer further increases the quality in our team."

Rodriguez moves to Bayern on a loan deal until June 30, 2019. He will sign his contract in Munich after successfully completing a medical.

A statement on Bayern's website says the attacking midfielder will join his new team-mates on Sunday for Bayern's 12-day Audi Summer Tour to China and Singapore.

Rodriguez rose to prominence after finishing top goal scorer at the 2014 World Cup in Brazil with six goals.

Those performances caught the eye of Real Madrid and since moving to the Bernabeu he has won the Champions League and FIFA Club World Cup twice as well as the La Liga title.

He made 111 appearances for Real, scoring 36 goals and producing 41 assists.

Credit: Skysports

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Juventus Manager Allegri Signs Contract Extension Untill 2020

Massimiliano Allegri has signed a new contract with Juventus, keeping him with the Serie A side until 2020, the Turin outfit have confirmed. The 49-year-old will remain at Juventus Stadium for another three seasons, having guided the Old Lady to a third successive domestic double. Allegri helped Juve win the Serie A and Copa Italia titles this season, and guided them to the Champions League final. Since taking over at Juventus Stadium in 2014, he has won the domestic double each season and has a 69 per cent winning rate. The former midfielder had been linked with a move to Arsenal before Arsene Wenger agreed a new two-year deal, but will now remain in Turin until the end of the 2019-20 season. In a statement, Juventus said: "Juventus is pleased to announce that Massimiliano Allegri has signed a contract renewal at the club until 2020. "Today's agreement extends a working relationship that has seen the Bianconeri consolidate their position as Italy's...

Barcelona Summer Signing Ousmane Dembele Suffers Fresh Injury Blow

Barcelona star Ousmane Dembele is set to be on the sidelines for around "three to four weeks" after suffering a fresh hamstring injury during the Catalan's 4-2 victory over Real Sociedad on Sunday. The 20-year-old winger moved to the Nou Camp from Borussia Dortmund during the summer transfer window in deal worth £93.4m  plus €40m in add-ons. The Frenchman spent more than three months on the sidelines as a result before returning to action during Barcelona's 1-1 draw with Celta Vigo in La Liga on 4 January.Earlier on September Dembele was indeed forced to undergo a surgery after rupturing the "tendon in his femoral bicep in his left thigh" during a clash with Getafe when he was only making his third appearance for the club. Dembele has since made three more appearances, playing 25 minutes during the win over Real Sociedad after replacing Paulinho in the second half. But the Frenchman will miss the upcoming games after Barcelona revealed that th...

Roma Midfielder Signs New Deal with Italian Club

Roma midfielder Radja Nainggolan has signed a new four-year contract with the Serie A club. The 29-year-old Belgium international had been linked with Manchester United in Italian media, while Chelsea were also reported to be interested. This was coupled by suggestions that Nainggolan was growing impatient with the numerous delays in receiving a contract proposal from the capital club. However, the 29-year-old has put any doubts about his future to bed by extending his contract until 2021, in a deal that will see him earn €4.5 million per season, including bonuses, according to La Gazzetta dello Sport. "I think I have demonstrated that this is what I always wanted," Nainggolan said. "I'm very happy that the club and I can continue our adventure and move forward together." Nainggolan has played 161 times for Roma since joining from Cagliari in 2014. Nainggolan becomes the third senior central midfielder to extend their contract at Roma th...