Skip to main content

Deal Getting Closer as Philippe Coutinho Agrees Deal to Join Barcelona

Philippe Coutinho has reached an agreement to join Barcelona this summer, according to reports in Spain. Catalan radio station RAC1 report that Barca have stepped up negotiations with the Brazil international this week and an agreement is now in place between the player and the club. Barcelona must now agree a transfer fee with Liverpool and Mundo Deportivo claims that representatives from the Spanish club are in England for talks.

Barcelona have already had a bid of €80 million (£72m) rejected by Liverpool but an improved offer will be made. Reports in Spain claim that Barcelona’s move for Coutinho is partly motivated by their desire to prevent Neymar from joining Paris Saint-Germain.

Neymar is said to be unhappy with the lack of Brazilian influence in the dressing room at Camp Nou and Barcelona are looking to amend this with the arrival of the 25-year-old from Liverpool.

Jurgen Klopp, however, insists that the midfielder will not be sold this summer.

‘The problem with these things is that whatever I say it always leaves a little bit of speculation,’ Klopp told the Liverpool Echo.

‘If I say he is not for selling, he is not for selling. There is nothing else to say. It’s a club decision, it’s my decision. That’s how it is.

‘That is so that we can end the speculation and not talk about anything else.

‘With Suarez I was far away. When the club sold Sterling I was maybe the last to know about it. So those situations have nothing to do with this one.

‘We are approaching a very important moment and we want to get better. For this we have to keep our key players. So that’s the answer.

‘I can sat 20 times, he is not for sale. If you ask the other question the other way and I say, there has been no assurance, you make the story the other way. There is no story for me.

‘Whatever happens from their side, I say he is not for sale. You can say whatever you want. The answer is ‘not for sale’.’

Credit: Metro

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Juventus Manager Allegri Signs Contract Extension Untill 2020

Massimiliano Allegri has signed a new contract with Juventus, keeping him with the Serie A side until 2020, the Turin outfit have confirmed. The 49-year-old will remain at Juventus Stadium for another three seasons, having guided the Old Lady to a third successive domestic double. Allegri helped Juve win the Serie A and Copa Italia titles this season, and guided them to the Champions League final. Since taking over at Juventus Stadium in 2014, he has won the domestic double each season and has a 69 per cent winning rate. The former midfielder had been linked with a move to Arsenal before Arsene Wenger agreed a new two-year deal, but will now remain in Turin until the end of the 2019-20 season. In a statement, Juventus said: "Juventus is pleased to announce that Massimiliano Allegri has signed a contract renewal at the club until 2020. "Today's agreement extends a working relationship that has seen the Bianconeri consolidate their position as Italy's...

Barcelona Summer Signing Ousmane Dembele Suffers Fresh Injury Blow

Barcelona star Ousmane Dembele is set to be on the sidelines for around "three to four weeks" after suffering a fresh hamstring injury during the Catalan's 4-2 victory over Real Sociedad on Sunday. The 20-year-old winger moved to the Nou Camp from Borussia Dortmund during the summer transfer window in deal worth £93.4m  plus €40m in add-ons. The Frenchman spent more than three months on the sidelines as a result before returning to action during Barcelona's 1-1 draw with Celta Vigo in La Liga on 4 January.Earlier on September Dembele was indeed forced to undergo a surgery after rupturing the "tendon in his femoral bicep in his left thigh" during a clash with Getafe when he was only making his third appearance for the club. Dembele has since made three more appearances, playing 25 minutes during the win over Real Sociedad after replacing Paulinho in the second half. But the Frenchman will miss the upcoming games after Barcelona revealed that th...

Roma Midfielder Signs New Deal with Italian Club

Roma midfielder Radja Nainggolan has signed a new four-year contract with the Serie A club. The 29-year-old Belgium international had been linked with Manchester United in Italian media, while Chelsea were also reported to be interested. This was coupled by suggestions that Nainggolan was growing impatient with the numerous delays in receiving a contract proposal from the capital club. However, the 29-year-old has put any doubts about his future to bed by extending his contract until 2021, in a deal that will see him earn €4.5 million per season, including bonuses, according to La Gazzetta dello Sport. "I think I have demonstrated that this is what I always wanted," Nainggolan said. "I'm very happy that the club and I can continue our adventure and move forward together." Nainggolan has played 161 times for Roma since joining from Cagliari in 2014. Nainggolan becomes the third senior central midfielder to extend their contract at Roma th...