Skip to main content

I Am very Happy, Tomorrow I will be at Chelsea - Alvaro Morata Breaks Silence after Agreeing Chelsea Move

Alvaro Morata admits he is ‘very happy’ with his imminent move to Chelsea and claims the Premier League champions are a club who have always wanted him. Antonio Conte’s side have agreed an initial £58 million fee with Madrid which could rise to £70m after add-ons. The 24-year-old has now left Madrid’s training camp in Los Angeles and will arrive in London on Thursday morning to undergo a medical and finalise the terms of his transfer.

‘I am very happy, God willing, tomorrow I will be at Chelsea, a club that has always wanted me,’ the striker told Marca.

‘I’m not disappointed about anything, I’ve won four titles here [with Real Madrid], but now I only think of putting on the Chelsea shirt.

‘I want to grow up, if I didn’t I wouldn’t have left. I’d like to thank Zidane and wish him luck for the upcoming season.

‘Thanks to all the Madridistas who supported me. I will always wish Madrid the best. The last time I wore this shirt was in Cibeles.’

Conte had tried to sign Morata for Chelsea last summer but Madrid refused to sell after re-signing the striker from Juventus.

The Spain international was used sparingly by Zinedine Zidane last season, starting only 18 games in all competitions, and has admitted that he was unhappy with the lack of playing time he was given.

Earlier this summer, Morata had agreed terms on a deal to join United, but Jose Mourinho’s side were unable to successfully negotiate a transfer fee with Madrid and instead opted to sign Romelu Lukaku from Everton.

Morata is now set to become Chelsea’s fourth summer signing after the arrivals of Willy Caballero, Antonio Rudiger and Tiemoue Bakayoko.

Credit: Metro

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Roma Midfielder Signs New Deal with Italian Club

Roma midfielder Radja Nainggolan has signed a new four-year contract with the Serie A club. The 29-year-old Belgium international had been linked with Manchester United in Italian media, while Chelsea were also reported to be interested. This was coupled by suggestions that Nainggolan was growing impatient with the numerous delays in receiving a contract proposal from the capital club. However, the 29-year-old has put any doubts about his future to bed by extending his contract until 2021, in a deal that will see him earn €4.5 million per season, including bonuses, according to La Gazzetta dello Sport. "I think I have demonstrated that this is what I always wanted," Nainggolan said. "I'm very happy that the club and I can continue our adventure and move forward together." Nainggolan has played 161 times for Roma since joining from Cagliari in 2014. Nainggolan becomes the third senior central midfielder to extend their contract at Roma th...

Chelsea Winger Suffers 'Multiple Fractures', Says Chelsea Antonio Conte

Chelsea's Pedro has suffered multiple fractures from his collision with David Ospina in China, according to boss Antonio Conte. Ahead of the Blues' next pre-season clash with Bayern Munich in Singapore, Conte confirmed Pedro must wear a protective mask after 10 days of rehabilitation. Conte said: "The situation was more serious. I hoped it would be only concussion. He had multiple fractures but I think with a mask in 10 days he could come back to work with us." The Spaniard was clattered by Arsenal goalkeeper Ospina during their 3-0 win over Arsenal in Beijing on Saturday and was sent home to England with concussion the next day. The 29-year-old had left the field at Bird's Nest Stadium groggy and hobbling, with visible cuts to his face and head. Conte had initially been hopeful Pedro could join them in Singapore for the next leg of their tour but the forward said on Instagram: "What a shock. Fortunately everything is okay." Pedro ...

Alexis Sanchez is just what Manchester United Need, Says Fortmer Tottenham Manager

The signing of a proven world-class forward such as Alexis Sanchez is just what Manchester United need to compete for the biggest prizes, former Tottenham manager Gerry Francis has said. Sanchez, 29, joined United on a four-and-a-half-year contract from Arsenal on Monday, 22 January, with Henrikh Mkhitaryan moving in the opposite direction in a straight-swap deal. "Sanchez is a real goal-scorer, he's talented and he's aggressive around the box and he makes things happen, he can pull teams through," he told Sky Sports.Francis described the Chilean forward as a match-winner who will aid United in their quest to win silverware by adding some much-needed potency to their attack. "It's [about] the present, you're looking to win trophies and looking to win competitions and, sometimes, you need to buy and have the finished article and Sanchez is certainly that. "It just makes them as a squad that much stronger. Certainly, a much bigger goal-threat with Sa...