Skip to main content

After Ten Months Out, Tottenham Manager Confirms Danny Rose will Return to Tottenham Squad for Real Madrid Clash

Danny Rose could make his long-awaited Tottenham Hotspur return against Real Madrid after Mauricio Pochettino revealed he will name the full-back on the bench. Spurs flew to Madrid for Tuesday's showdown at the Santiago Bernabeu with Rose among the travelling party, despite only returning to training after a lengthy injury layoff last week.

The England international has not played any football since suffering a season-ending knee injury against Sunderland on 31 January, undergoing surgery to solve the issue during the summer.

But with Ben Davies left out of the squad due to an illness that also saw him miss Saturday's narrow win over Bournemouth, Rose could have a role to play off the bench against the reigning Spanish and European champions.

Mousa Dembele, another recent absentee who only returned to training last week after an ankle problem, has also made the trip and will train with the squad in Madrid on Monday evening.

"I think Danny Rose will be on the bench and it is important," Pochettino said. "Maybe he is not fit to play from the beginning but to help the team."

The still-suspended Dele Alli has also made the trip to support his teammates. "Mousa is here and Dele wanted to come to stay with the team and we have some injured players like Erik Lamela still recovering and [Victor] Wanyama at the training ground, they preferred to stay there."

On Rose's return, Pochettino added: "It is very good for the team, it is good for him after nearly 10 months away. Always it is important for the player to start to feel again that he can be involved and be part of the team."

Wanyama and Lamela have remained back in north London as they continue to work their way back to full fitness, with Davies also failing to make the trip. Georges-Kévin Nkoudou is another absentee due to a concussion.

Source - IBTimes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Juventus Manager Allegri Signs Contract Extension Untill 2020

Massimiliano Allegri has signed a new contract with Juventus, keeping him with the Serie A side until 2020, the Turin outfit have confirmed. The 49-year-old will remain at Juventus Stadium for another three seasons, having guided the Old Lady to a third successive domestic double. Allegri helped Juve win the Serie A and Copa Italia titles this season, and guided them to the Champions League final. Since taking over at Juventus Stadium in 2014, he has won the domestic double each season and has a 69 per cent winning rate. The former midfielder had been linked with a move to Arsenal before Arsene Wenger agreed a new two-year deal, but will now remain in Turin until the end of the 2019-20 season. In a statement, Juventus said: "Juventus is pleased to announce that Massimiliano Allegri has signed a contract renewal at the club until 2020. "Today's agreement extends a working relationship that has seen the Bianconeri consolidate their position as Italy's...

Barcelona Summer Signing Ousmane Dembele Suffers Fresh Injury Blow

Barcelona star Ousmane Dembele is set to be on the sidelines for around "three to four weeks" after suffering a fresh hamstring injury during the Catalan's 4-2 victory over Real Sociedad on Sunday. The 20-year-old winger moved to the Nou Camp from Borussia Dortmund during the summer transfer window in deal worth £93.4m  plus €40m in add-ons. The Frenchman spent more than three months on the sidelines as a result before returning to action during Barcelona's 1-1 draw with Celta Vigo in La Liga on 4 January.Earlier on September Dembele was indeed forced to undergo a surgery after rupturing the "tendon in his femoral bicep in his left thigh" during a clash with Getafe when he was only making his third appearance for the club. Dembele has since made three more appearances, playing 25 minutes during the win over Real Sociedad after replacing Paulinho in the second half. But the Frenchman will miss the upcoming games after Barcelona revealed that th...

Roma Midfielder Signs New Deal with Italian Club

Roma midfielder Radja Nainggolan has signed a new four-year contract with the Serie A club. The 29-year-old Belgium international had been linked with Manchester United in Italian media, while Chelsea were also reported to be interested. This was coupled by suggestions that Nainggolan was growing impatient with the numerous delays in receiving a contract proposal from the capital club. However, the 29-year-old has put any doubts about his future to bed by extending his contract until 2021, in a deal that will see him earn €4.5 million per season, including bonuses, according to La Gazzetta dello Sport. "I think I have demonstrated that this is what I always wanted," Nainggolan said. "I'm very happy that the club and I can continue our adventure and move forward together." Nainggolan has played 161 times for Roma since joining from Cagliari in 2014. Nainggolan becomes the third senior central midfielder to extend their contract at Roma th...