Skip to main content

Chelsea Attacker Charly Musonda Hits Out at Chelsea over Lack of Playing Time

Chelsea attacker Charly Musonda has taken to Instagram to vent his frustrations about his current situation at Stamford Bridge, amid reports the young Belgian is disgruntled with recent contract talks and a lack of first-team opportunities. Musonda joined the Premier League champions from Belgian giants Anderlecht in the summer of 2012 but, like many youngsters who are recruited by the west Londoners, the forward was farmed out on loan, in his case to La Liga outfit Real Betis.

Musonda impressed for Betis during the second half of the 2015-16 campaign but his loan spell was cut short during the following season as he failed to make the same impact. Despite failing to flourish in Spain, Chelsea boss Conte still saw fit to integrate Musonda into the first team this season and handed him a start during his side's recent demolition of Championship outfit Nottingham Forest in the Carabao Cup.

Musonda impressed and scored against Forest, but his performance did not force Conte into handing him any Premier League game-time of note. The 20-year-old is held in high esteem by the Chelsea hierarchy, who may see fit to punish him for his emotional outburst on Instagram.

"You sacrifice, you work hard, harder, you give more than what's expected, and often more than you can, because you love what you do and clearly more than you should," Musonda wrote on Instagram.

"And what do you get back? Literally nothing,... done.

"However, with this being said I will continue with same dedication and commitment to this great game."

Musonda's exasperation stems from a lack of playing time and recent contract negotiations,according to Goal, but his forthright message will have done little to convince Conte that he warrants a place in the Chelsea starting XI.

The former Italy boss has a wealth of attacking talent at his disposal including Eden Hazard, Willian and Pedro, and he could see fit to start the diminutive trio on Saturday when the Blues host lowly Crystal Palace, who have not scored a goal in the Premier League this season.

With star striker Alvaro Morata struggling with a hamstring injury Conte may try and use one of Willian, Hazard or Pedro as a false nine against the Eagles, though he does have a specialist forward in Michy Batshuayi at his disposal should he not wish to overly tinker with his set-up.

Credit - IBTimes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Juventus Manager Allegri Signs Contract Extension Untill 2020

Massimiliano Allegri has signed a new contract with Juventus, keeping him with the Serie A side until 2020, the Turin outfit have confirmed. The 49-year-old will remain at Juventus Stadium for another three seasons, having guided the Old Lady to a third successive domestic double. Allegri helped Juve win the Serie A and Copa Italia titles this season, and guided them to the Champions League final. Since taking over at Juventus Stadium in 2014, he has won the domestic double each season and has a 69 per cent winning rate. The former midfielder had been linked with a move to Arsenal before Arsene Wenger agreed a new two-year deal, but will now remain in Turin until the end of the 2019-20 season. In a statement, Juventus said: "Juventus is pleased to announce that Massimiliano Allegri has signed a contract renewal at the club until 2020. "Today's agreement extends a working relationship that has seen the Bianconeri consolidate their position as Italy's...

Barcelona Summer Signing Ousmane Dembele Suffers Fresh Injury Blow

Barcelona star Ousmane Dembele is set to be on the sidelines for around "three to four weeks" after suffering a fresh hamstring injury during the Catalan's 4-2 victory over Real Sociedad on Sunday. The 20-year-old winger moved to the Nou Camp from Borussia Dortmund during the summer transfer window in deal worth £93.4m  plus €40m in add-ons. The Frenchman spent more than three months on the sidelines as a result before returning to action during Barcelona's 1-1 draw with Celta Vigo in La Liga on 4 January.Earlier on September Dembele was indeed forced to undergo a surgery after rupturing the "tendon in his femoral bicep in his left thigh" during a clash with Getafe when he was only making his third appearance for the club. Dembele has since made three more appearances, playing 25 minutes during the win over Real Sociedad after replacing Paulinho in the second half. But the Frenchman will miss the upcoming games after Barcelona revealed that th...

Roma Midfielder Signs New Deal with Italian Club

Roma midfielder Radja Nainggolan has signed a new four-year contract with the Serie A club. The 29-year-old Belgium international had been linked with Manchester United in Italian media, while Chelsea were also reported to be interested. This was coupled by suggestions that Nainggolan was growing impatient with the numerous delays in receiving a contract proposal from the capital club. However, the 29-year-old has put any doubts about his future to bed by extending his contract until 2021, in a deal that will see him earn €4.5 million per season, including bonuses, according to La Gazzetta dello Sport. "I think I have demonstrated that this is what I always wanted," Nainggolan said. "I'm very happy that the club and I can continue our adventure and move forward together." Nainggolan has played 161 times for Roma since joining from Cagliari in 2014. Nainggolan becomes the third senior central midfielder to extend their contract at Roma th...