Skip to main content

Gareth Bale and Dani Carvajal Remain Out as Keylor Navas Set to Return for Real Madrid Clash against Tottenham

Keylor Navas is in line to return to action for the Champions League visit of Tottenham Hotspuron Tuesday night with the Real Madrid number number one able to complete the last two training sessions with the rest of his available teammates. However, the clash with Spurs is still expected to come too soon for Gareth Bale, Dani Carvajal, Mateo Kovacic and Luca Zidane as the four players remained on the sidelines during Monday's workout.

Navas, 30, missed Saturday's 2-1 victory over Getafe after suffering a groin injury during the recent international break while on duty with Costa Rica.

Kiko Casilla took his place in Zinedine Zidane's starting line-up at the Coliseum Alfonso Perez as a late winner from Cristiano Ronaldo helped Los Blancos close the gap on Barcelona at the top of La Liga to five points, with the Catalans held to a draw by Atletico Madrid.

However, Navas was able to train on Sunday and Monday with the rest of the squad and looks likely to recover his place in the line-up when Real Madrid welcome Tottenham on Tuesday night.

"All ready for the Champions League match against Tottenham. Real Madrid completed the last training session before welcoming the English team for match day three game of the Group Stage on Tuesday. Zidane had all the squad available apart from Luca, who worked inside and Kovacic, Carvajal and Bale, who continue with their recovery processes," the club confirmed in its official website.

"With a large media presence, the Whites began by combining rondos with short sprints. Under-19s goalkeeper Moha trained with the first team in a session that featured ball work and ended with finishing on goal."

Raphael Varane, Casemiro, Luka Modric and Isco were rested at Getafe as Zidane rotated his squad in order to have them fresh for the visit of Tottenham.

Varane and Casemiro didn't even make the squad while Isco played just the last 20 minutes of the game as Real Madrid were looking to score a goal to win the game.

But the four players trained on Monday and should all start on Tuesday alongside Cristiano Ronaldo as Real Madrid will be looking to secure all three three points to consolidate their place as Group H leaders, currently level on six points with Tottenham themselves.

Source - IBTimes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Roma Midfielder Signs New Deal with Italian Club

Roma midfielder Radja Nainggolan has signed a new four-year contract with the Serie A club. The 29-year-old Belgium international had been linked with Manchester United in Italian media, while Chelsea were also reported to be interested. This was coupled by suggestions that Nainggolan was growing impatient with the numerous delays in receiving a contract proposal from the capital club. However, the 29-year-old has put any doubts about his future to bed by extending his contract until 2021, in a deal that will see him earn €4.5 million per season, including bonuses, according to La Gazzetta dello Sport. "I think I have demonstrated that this is what I always wanted," Nainggolan said. "I'm very happy that the club and I can continue our adventure and move forward together." Nainggolan has played 161 times for Roma since joining from Cagliari in 2014. Nainggolan becomes the third senior central midfielder to extend their contract at Roma th...

Chelsea Winger Suffers 'Multiple Fractures', Says Chelsea Antonio Conte

Chelsea's Pedro has suffered multiple fractures from his collision with David Ospina in China, according to boss Antonio Conte. Ahead of the Blues' next pre-season clash with Bayern Munich in Singapore, Conte confirmed Pedro must wear a protective mask after 10 days of rehabilitation. Conte said: "The situation was more serious. I hoped it would be only concussion. He had multiple fractures but I think with a mask in 10 days he could come back to work with us." The Spaniard was clattered by Arsenal goalkeeper Ospina during their 3-0 win over Arsenal in Beijing on Saturday and was sent home to England with concussion the next day. The 29-year-old had left the field at Bird's Nest Stadium groggy and hobbling, with visible cuts to his face and head. Conte had initially been hopeful Pedro could join them in Singapore for the next leg of their tour but the forward said on Instagram: "What a shock. Fortunately everything is okay." Pedro ...

Alexis Sanchez is just what Manchester United Need, Says Fortmer Tottenham Manager

The signing of a proven world-class forward such as Alexis Sanchez is just what Manchester United need to compete for the biggest prizes, former Tottenham manager Gerry Francis has said. Sanchez, 29, joined United on a four-and-a-half-year contract from Arsenal on Monday, 22 January, with Henrikh Mkhitaryan moving in the opposite direction in a straight-swap deal. "Sanchez is a real goal-scorer, he's talented and he's aggressive around the box and he makes things happen, he can pull teams through," he told Sky Sports.Francis described the Chilean forward as a match-winner who will aid United in their quest to win silverware by adding some much-needed potency to their attack. "It's [about] the present, you're looking to win trophies and looking to win competitions and, sometimes, you need to buy and have the finished article and Sanchez is certainly that. "It just makes them as a squad that much stronger. Certainly, a much bigger goal-threat with Sa...