Skip to main content

United Do Not Have the Attacking Quality of Manchester City and Tottenham, Say Huddersfield Forward

Huddersfield Town forward Tom Ince believes that Manchester United lack the fluidity of their title rivals Tottenham Hotspur and Manchester City as the Red Devils succumbed to their first league defeat of the season against the newly promoted side. Errors from Juan Mata and Victor Lindelof led to the Terriers establishing a 2-0 lead in the first half at the John Smith's Stadium, with Marcus Rashford scoring a late consolation goal for the visitors. Jose Mourinho was fuming at the performance and stated that the team had to collectively take responsibility for the upset.

The loss leaves them five points behind leaders City and level on points with Tottenham, who pulverised Liverpool 4-1 on Sunday (22 October). Ince believes that United are a top-level side who can put any team to the sword but do not have the attacking prowess of their title rivals and are very slow in the build-up.

"Listen, the manager knows that toe-to-toe we can't deal with Manchester United," said summer signing Ince, son of former United favourite Paul Ince, as quoted by ESPN. "They have got superior players who are world-class, elite players. But all we can do is give the attitude and have the right mentality and desire to try and work for each other.

"When you look at United, they're obviously a top quality side but they don't really play with the same fluidity as your Spurs or your Man Citys. They build up the game quite slow, they like to get it out wide and we felt that if we could win the ball the back and try to exploit the space in behind -- the space the full-backs leave because they go so high -- then we were able to do that.

"Yeah, of course, it's a shock to the system for them because obviously they've come here expecting to win, but we're happy with the three points and a great day for the town. I don't think you can show intimidation to a side like this. If you show that then they see that you're weak and they know that you're in awe of the players they've got."

Source - IBTimes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Juventus Manager Allegri Signs Contract Extension Untill 2020

Massimiliano Allegri has signed a new contract with Juventus, keeping him with the Serie A side until 2020, the Turin outfit have confirmed. The 49-year-old will remain at Juventus Stadium for another three seasons, having guided the Old Lady to a third successive domestic double. Allegri helped Juve win the Serie A and Copa Italia titles this season, and guided them to the Champions League final. Since taking over at Juventus Stadium in 2014, he has won the domestic double each season and has a 69 per cent winning rate. The former midfielder had been linked with a move to Arsenal before Arsene Wenger agreed a new two-year deal, but will now remain in Turin until the end of the 2019-20 season. In a statement, Juventus said: "Juventus is pleased to announce that Massimiliano Allegri has signed a contract renewal at the club until 2020. "Today's agreement extends a working relationship that has seen the Bianconeri consolidate their position as Italy's...

Barcelona Summer Signing Ousmane Dembele Suffers Fresh Injury Blow

Barcelona star Ousmane Dembele is set to be on the sidelines for around "three to four weeks" after suffering a fresh hamstring injury during the Catalan's 4-2 victory over Real Sociedad on Sunday. The 20-year-old winger moved to the Nou Camp from Borussia Dortmund during the summer transfer window in deal worth £93.4m  plus €40m in add-ons. The Frenchman spent more than three months on the sidelines as a result before returning to action during Barcelona's 1-1 draw with Celta Vigo in La Liga on 4 January.Earlier on September Dembele was indeed forced to undergo a surgery after rupturing the "tendon in his femoral bicep in his left thigh" during a clash with Getafe when he was only making his third appearance for the club. Dembele has since made three more appearances, playing 25 minutes during the win over Real Sociedad after replacing Paulinho in the second half. But the Frenchman will miss the upcoming games after Barcelona revealed that th...

Roma Midfielder Signs New Deal with Italian Club

Roma midfielder Radja Nainggolan has signed a new four-year contract with the Serie A club. The 29-year-old Belgium international had been linked with Manchester United in Italian media, while Chelsea were also reported to be interested. This was coupled by suggestions that Nainggolan was growing impatient with the numerous delays in receiving a contract proposal from the capital club. However, the 29-year-old has put any doubts about his future to bed by extending his contract until 2021, in a deal that will see him earn €4.5 million per season, including bonuses, according to La Gazzetta dello Sport. "I think I have demonstrated that this is what I always wanted," Nainggolan said. "I'm very happy that the club and I can continue our adventure and move forward together." Nainggolan has played 161 times for Roma since joining from Cagliari in 2014. Nainggolan becomes the third senior central midfielder to extend their contract at Roma th...